VISITING THE PEMBINA?
Welcome to our community.We hope your stay will be an enjoyable experience.The area is a natural gem that we are very proud of.We invite you to explore and enjoy and at the same time please be good stewards & respect the area.
THINGS TO DO
- May – October – The Evansburg Farmer’s Market opens on Main Street. The market is OPEN Saturdays from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. Vendors please call Al at 780-727-6526
- Enjoy our trail system running from the park to and thru both Entwistle and Evansburg. Click Here for a Map
- Enjoy the Pembina River on a tube from Pembina River Tubing Co. up the Entwistle hill.
- The Pembina River Golf Club overlooks Evansburg just north of the Lobstick River.
- Shop Entwistle and Evansburg’s for delectable eats, unique shops, and down home hospitality.
- Wildwood is a short jog west and is home to the Wildwood Gallery, a pottery barn, and the bird sanctuary at Chip Lake.
- On a short drive north you can find the Paddle River Dam, and drive on to CN’s picturesque Rochfort Bridge. Take in the Trading Post there.
- Mayerthorpe’s Fallen Four Memorial is a must see.Also take in the elevator museum and gallery.
- Scamper to the east for Gainford’s antiques
- Just a bit further to Seba Beach for a lively game of mini golf @ Trickle Creek.
If you can successfully avoid running into the Grouch in Evansburg, there is always something to do.
A popular place in summer is the Pembina Provincial Park, smack dab in the middle of our two hamlets in the beautiful Pembina River Valley. It features camping, swimming, fishing, canoeing, tubing hiking and terrific picnic facilities. Turn right and up the hill into Evansburg over the new bridge and catch a Saturday Farmer’s Market, or stop by one of many businesses to find some local treasure. If river water is not to your liking, check out the outdoor swimming pool in Entwistle, turn left and up the hill from the Park.
Other facilities include a nine-hole golf course (just outside of Evansburg on the North road over the Lobstick), tennis courts in Evansburg initiated by the Grand Trunk High School’s Student Union, walking and cross-country ski trails, seniors’ drop-in centers, bingo, aerobics, fitness gym, baseball diamonds, soccer pitches, arena, and a Provincial Public Library in each hamlet.
Or stop by Tipple Park, in the heart of Evansburg. The museum offers a glimpse into the past, and explains what a Tipple is. You can picnic on the grounds, or go sledding in the winter.
Both communities boast a small army of volunteers in a variety of clubs and community organizations such as the Evansburg/Entwistle Chamber of Commerce, Evansburg & District Recreation Board, minor hockey, figure skating, minor ball, catholic women’s League, Lions Club, Elks Club, Scouts, Girl Guides, 4-H, Cadets, Royal Canadian Legion Branch 196, dance clubs, soccer, art club, drama club, and the list goes on!
There is always something going on in Evansburg and Entwistle. Annual events include the spring Trade Fair, Entwistle Rodeo, Pembina Valley Daze (including the Grouch contest), Lone Wolf Run (Car Show), Music Festivals, Farmers’ Day picnics, and plays, concerts, displays, Fairs and tournaments. Always check out local bulletin boards for “what’s happening” or click on Events at the top of this page.